Monday, August 26, 2013

Birthday.

Yesterday was my 21st birthday. Most people spend their 21st birthdays in bars getting shwasted. Why? Just because they can? That's dumb. I, on the other hand, had the best day ever. 

I started my morning with my version of a cup of bulletproof coffee (delicious). After that, I got ready, put on my vintage skimmer birthday dress and went to church. 

Right after church, my mom, my sister, and my best friend took me out to Cafe Zola in Downtown Ann Arbor. We enjoyed a pot of English Breakfast tea with cherry preserves and lemon stirred in. I also had a bagel with scrambled eggs, mushrooms, asparagus, caramelized onions, and havarti cheese. I also got a free banana nutella birthday crepe! 'Twas all so so delicious. 


After our lunch, we walked around Ann Arbor, went into the cutest bookstore named Literati, and I bought The Grapes of Wrath for one of my classes this Fall. We also ventured into Urban Outfitters, of course, because I'm quite sure I had a sprained toe and my high heels were not working out. So, naturally, I had to buy a pair of flats. 

Eventually, we got home and I switched up my birthday look! I curled my hair and put on a different dress. It's fun to change it up! My family and fiancé took me out to dinner at The Sardine Room in Plymouth. It was awesome! I had Manila Clams with smoked bone marrow (I know it sounds terrible but it was delicious). 

After dinner, we came home and had cake! My sister also made me my favorite dessert--caramelitas. We drank coffee, ate sweets, and sang happy birthday. 

Then came the gifts. Oh, the gifts. I was literally showered with gifts. I can't believe it still! Mackenzie had a picture of an owl made for me. It is the cutest thing. The owl is perched on books with a candle nearby. The owl looks like Hedwig. She also got me Wuthering Heights and owl bookmarks! From my sister, I got three snow babies, a whole bunch of rare Frank Sinatra records and 45s, and an owl candle holder. My sweet baby nephew gave me the world...literally. He got me a globe! That sweet little boy. My parents got me an iHome, two more snow babies, and an owl teapot. I'm in love. My sweet Benjamin got me a glass tea infusing teapot, 4 little glass teacups, an entire box set of exotic teas and German rock sugar! So thoughtful and so sweet. My grandparents got me two vintage scarves, and gave me my recently deceased Great Aunt Toni's Austrian crystal necklace. It is vintage circa 1920s. It's absolutely beautiful. 

I could not possibly have had a better day. I am so thankful for everyone in my life and I love them all so much. My birthday is always my most favorite day and it certainly did not disappoint this year. Thank you everyone who wished me a happy birthday! It was truly happy.

Love,
Mimi


0 comments: